Um auf Deutsch zu lesen, “language” im Menü auswählen.
I have reviewed the Zoeva Rose Golden Palette a while back – and it finally has reached the …shelves of the online store, so I thought I could blog about one of the make ups I have shown on Instagram before.
1. To show how the eyeshadows perform and
2. also to provide some inspiration of course
As I’ve already mentioned in my Hits & Misses, the palette itself contains many great looks but I have been enjyoing it in combination with the Zoeva Smoky Palette lately, an almost completely matte eyeshadow palette with many smokey (duh) blending shades – a perfect match with the mostly metallic Rose Golden Palette.
Zoeva Rose Golden Palette
Zoeva Smoky Palette
And this is how I combined those two:
Obviously a very warm-toned look, which is just in the nature of things…I mean the Rose Golden Palette.
- Firstly, after prepping with an eye base – I applied a mix of Luster (Rose Golden) and Dust & Memories (Smoky) in the crease to prevent harsh edges.
- In the outer V I packed on a mix of Smoky Wishes and Elegant Chaos (Smoky) and blended it with Luster.
- In the inner half of the Lid I applied Just a Rose (RG) with a lightly dampened brush – blended again with Luster, Dust & Memories.
- Between those two, to create more dimension, I applied Copper is King (RG) and blended it into both of the other shades.
- As a highlight Relieve the Moon (S) is great; it’s matte, pigmented but not chalky.
- On the tearduct area I applied a mix of Soul Searching and Relieve the Moon (S) to brighten the inner eye, a mix of Smoky Wishes and Elegant Chaos on the outer rim.
- Apply Eyeliner, Tightlining and coat your lashes in a good amount of mascara and you’re done!
The result these shadows give is just mesmerising, not too orange, not gold but multidimenstional. It appears different out of whichever angle you look at it, more intense or more duochrome. I deem these shadows as rather soft and very appropriate for daytime wear as well, or do you think they are too intense?
The Zoeva Smoky Palette is available at Douglas, the Rose Golden Palette only in the Zoeva online shop so far.
How do you like the Zoeva palettes? Which ones do you own or want to play with?
Also, you can still hand in your creations with the Rode Belle Palette for Sultry Thursday.